Hi there, I’m super excited to share with you my new goal setting worksheet! Are you ready for the new year? Let’s get ready together! Figure out what you need to continue and what you need to stop! Go to http://AutumnLeigh.com and sign up to get it sent straight to your email before it’s to late!
You are your very own body of water.
The average adult males is about 60% water.
the average adult female is about 50%.
Where is all this water?
Every part of the human body contains water. For Example:
- Lungs: 90%
- Blood: 82%
- Skin: 80%
- Muscle: 75%
- The brain: 70%
*Muscle contains more water than fat.
What happened when you don’t get enough water? Dehydration
Dehydration is when the body is lacking vital fluids. This occurs more often in the warmer months when people are working outside in the heat and don’t drink enough water but it can happen in many other scenarios. In some cases dehydration can be deadly.
There are several types of dehydration. The three main types are hypotonic dehydration, hypertonic dehydration and isotonic dehydration.
Hypotonic dehydration occurs when the body is lacking electrolytes and sodium.
Hypertonic dehydration occurs when the body is lacking water.
Isotonic dehydration occurs when there is an equal loss in both, which is most seen in human beings.
Signs of Dehydration
There are many different signs and symptoms of dehydration. The first sign is typically a severe headache, followed by dizziness. Another one of the first signs of dehydration is sever thirst, discomfort, and loss of appetite. Next, the muscles begin to cramp, particularly the muscles in the legs. Visual difficulties’ including fussiness, along with hypotension (decreased blood pressure), are also common symptoms. When the dehydration worsens, the symptoms increase and worsen as well. Respiration and heart rates will begin to increase as dehydration gets more severe. Patients often experience constipation because there is not enough water in the bowel. Clammy skin and fainting can also occur. People who are dehydrated may also appear as if their skin is a yellow tone, and their eyes may appear as if they are sunken in or dark. Blood pressure drops, and patients can go into a dangerous state of hyperthermia in hotter temperatures, which combined with dehydration can be deadly. Without enough hydration, the heart can stop beating, resulting in death. Dehydration symptoms normally start to become noticeable after the body loses about 2% of its normal water volume. When the body gets to a point where it has lost 10% to 15% of its normal water volume muscles start to become spastic, urination becomes painful and is greatly reduced, and the skin starts to shrivel up and wrinkle. When the body loses more than 15% of its water volume, it is usually fatal.
While the most common cause of dehydration is simple lack of proper hydration or consumption of water and other liquids, there are also other causes. Stress-related issues can also cause dehydration. Some examples of stress-related causes can include blood loss, diarrhea, shock, too much alcohol consumption, vomiting and burns to the skin. Infectious diseases can also be a cause for dehydration. A few examples of these diseases include cholera, yellow fever, and gastroenteritis. Malnutrition as a result of a high rate of weight loss, fasting, or diabetes related problems can also cause dehydration to occur. Too much weight loss can also take important electrolytes with it, which is why it is important for people who are diabetic or on a diet to stay properly hydrated.” http://www.freedrinkingwater.com/resource-guide-to-prevent-dehydration.htm
Here are a few tips on how to drink more water through out your day so you can prevent dehydration.
1. go to this simple water calculation page to find out how much water you should drink today. http://nutrition.about.com/library/blwatercalculator.htm
*The average is 6-8 8 Oz glasses a day
2. Wake up and drink a big glass of water. Starting your day off with a glass of water is great for your body and will help you get a jump-start on your water goal.
3. Keep a water bottle in the fridge. If there is a cold water bottle in the fridge then there is no excuse of I don’t have any cold water. and you can just pick it up and go when you in a hurry.
4. Always keep a water bottle with you.
5. Get a reusable water bottle to cut down on cost and waste of the plastic bottles.
6. Don’t drink other liquids when you drink coffee, soda or juice you are Just giving your body empty calories plus making it more likely that you wont drink as much water. If you need to stick to something like green tea, 100% juice or milk.
7. Drink a glass of water with every meal.
8. Eat more water based veggies.
*IF YOU HAVE A AWESOME WATER TRICK YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE WITH US PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW OR CONTACT ME AT ALB@AUTUMNLEIGH.COM
step 1: Take some time to sit down with no distractions. No cell phone, no television, no children, no friends, Just you. Take some deep breaths and think about what you really want. What your perfect day would look like. Not what`s going to make you look the coolest but what`s really going to make you feel good and lay down at night every night saying “today was awesome!”
step 2: list 10 things. Example: what time you woke up on your perfect day or what time you stopped working, did you work out? What you do for work, how you spend your free time, how you feel, do you feel loved and taken care of? Do you earn passive income so you can stay home with your kids more. There are so many things that could be important to you. Write down 10 on a piece of paper you are not going to lose! There could be more but this list isn’t permanent I actually recommend that you reassess your goals every few months or years and make sure they still align with your values and what your perfect day still looks like.
Step 3: Now I want you to list out everything that comes to your mind when you think of these thing. Especially what you need to do.. For example: do you need to make money from home, be more present with loved ones, own your own business or promote your business, Exercise more often or eat healthier maybe you need to find a new job or learn a new skill what ever it may be that you feel is holding you back from your dream life or achieving your goals. anything and everything I want this to be like a brain dump so you don’t have to worry or think about it any more you have it all written down.
Step 4: Now its time to brainstorm ways that you can do all those things you have written down.
Example: search domain names, create a business plan, search job listings for a job you would enjoy, consult a personal trainer, spend time with your loved ones, Meal prep, Read a personal development book, Create a product, hand out flyers etc.. List as many things as you can until your brain can no longer say “but how?”. there are no excuses you have it all written down. this is your blue print.
Step 5: Now Every day pick 2-3 items from that list and do them! the secret to doing this is a well thought out to do list and to spend a little time working on your goals each day! Most days we spend so much time checking off our to do list all the little things that really don’t help you move further in life. For example: doing the laundry or running errands, things we need to do anyways At the end of the day we feel like we have been busy all day but haven’t gotten any where closer to our goals. Sometimes we even put so much on our to do list that when we check off one or two items we feel discouraged. Don’t do that.
Pick two items from your list that we just created, write them on your to do list, do them and cross them out! There is something so refreshing about crossing off an item off your list that you know will get you one step closer to your goals.
Hopefully this helps get you closer to your goals. Let me know If this helps you by commenting below .
study after study shows long-term severe stress to be damaging to our health causing everything from high blood pressure, obesity, heart attack, depression and infertility. The list goes on. Some stress is good. It revs up the body by producing naturally occurring performance enhancing chemical called adrenaline and cortisol but if severe stress goes untreated for a long period of time performance will ultimately decrease. lets work on relaxing but not so much that we get stuck in a rut. If you have been feeling frazzled lately take a moment and try some of the things on this list. I hope you’ll be more productive and alert after. If you do something that really helps you that you don’t see on this list please comment below and share with the rest of the stressed community.
1. Deep breathing. Take 5 minutes to do nothing but focus on your breathing. make sure your taking deep breaths. breathing through both your nose and mouth. Inhale the fresh air and exhale the bull $#!^.
2. Exercise. No body said it better than Elle in legally blonde. “Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don’t shoot their husbands, they just don’t. ” The first week or two may be difficult because your body isn’t used to pushing itself. Give it some time to get easier.
3. Make a plan. most often stress is occurring because we don’t know what is going to happen, we feel out of control or we don’t know what to do. Take some time to plan out and learn about what you’re doing. Being prepared is always a great way to feel confident and stress free.
4. Manage your nutrition. Sometimes you may only be stressed out because your body isn’t getting the proper nutrition to function properly causing your mind to feel tired and stressed out. Don’t deprive your body of the nutrients it needs. try to eat whole foods and protein every 2-4 hours and remember if it comes from the sea, a tree / plant, or had a mom then you can eat it. if its MADE in a plant then it’s not for you.
5.Sleep. It’s possible you may not be getting enough sleep or maybe you’re getting too much!. are you sleeping a minimum of 7 hours and a max of 9-10? try to stay between 7-8 hours of sleep. Definitely don’t skip it.
6A. Make a to do list and cross things off the list! Its easy to get stressed out when you have a ton to do but no organization. Create a to do list and do the things you don’t want to do first! By the time your almost done and out of energy you will have gotten the hard things done and hopefully not feel stressed about the little things left over.
6B. When owning a business or being an independent contractor its easy to get stuck in the little tasks of everyday and not do anything to promote our business. Doing that can be stressful because you feel like your working hard all day but you have nothing to show for it. when your making your to do list I want you to put down 2 small things you can do to help better your business and do them! I only want you to put 2 because if you put more than that you will probably feel stressed out. there is always something more to be done. focus on your two items for the day, check them off your list and feel accomplished. if you still have some steam after your two items go right ahead and keep working. but don’t commit to too much in one day.
7. Change your attitude. Sometimes all you need Is a little attitude adjustment. Stop looking at the glass as being half empty and think of it as being half full or better yet look for way how to sell the glass!
8. Write down at least 10 things your grateful for. Really take a moment and feel grateful for what your write down. If you woke up tomorrow with only what you were grateful for today how would your life be?
9. Call up a friend or family member and catch up. Our relationships are what keep us happy. Call a friend or family member and remind them you love them.
10. Ask for a hug, find someone you love and hug the stress out.
I hope these tips helped and you are feeling less stressed and ready to take on the world
1. Go through your stuff especially your closet and put all the stuff you don’t want or haven’t worn in years in a pile. Now put anything you feel is worth something on a website like craigslist or storenvy there are a ton of other sites but those are the ones I personally use.
2. Take serveys
3. Become a YouTube partner
4. Advertise your business on free social media sites.
5. create a website and sell things.
6. put ads on the website you create.
7.if you have a smart phone download gympact and get paid to make healthy choices.
8. create a blog.
9. learn how to create websites and advertise what you can do.
10. if you have a nice camera practice your photography and put some examples of your work online and offer photography sessions.
11. create a Ebook on your expertise and sell it online.
12. webcam modeling is an option if your not shy to be in front of a camera and get asked to do strange things.
13. Apply to a job listing you would like to do