If your like me and you crave candy and sugar a lot. Then not eating sugar could sounds like a nightmare to you. I’m not saying that I never succumb to my cravings but when I do I usually feel awful afterwards. Not because I feel guilty for eating it but it actually makes me feel really bad and bloated. So when those cravings do come around I usually try to opt for something sweet but healthy too! Here is a list of a few healthy alternatives to candy and processed foods. These treats should definitely kick your sugar cravings!
1. Pineapple is my personal favorite. It is sweet & sour at the same time with a tropical flavor that is very refreshing.
3. Apples baked in cinnamon.
Ingredients: 1 Sliced apple, 1 tablespoon cinnamon, 1/2 lemon, 1 tablespoon brown sugar.
Instructions: Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Toss sliced apple with the cinnamon, lemon and brown sugar. Place in a baking or casserole dish. cook for 30 minutes until soft and juicy, stirring occasionally. serve with ice cream or enjoy plain. *to keep it on the healthier side skip the brown sugar and ice cream!
4. Greek Yogurt with honey and Fruit *some ground flax seed never hurt anyone 😉
not only will it satisfy your sweet tooth but it will also help keep you full since Greek yogurt is packed with carbs and protein. Honey and fruit contain antioxidants and antimicrobial properties, which help keep us healthy.
5. Frozen banana dipped in chocolate
Kill your craving of ice cream with this healthy treat.
Dip a banana in melted dark chocolate and freeze. Bananas are rich in potassium which has been linked to lowering blood pressure and reduced risk of stroke.
6. Dark Chocolate , nuts and granola
7. A FRUIT smoothie is always a yummy healthy treat. (Tip: pineapple covers the taste of kale and spinach amazingly!!) try it out. Maybe you can sneak some veggies in your sweet treat. *Add some yogurt and ground flax seed and you basically have a meal on the go.
8. Organic peanut butter and whole grain toast/English muffin
9. Orange, banana, berries, watermelon, cherries, apples, kiwis, pomegranate seeds, melon, grapes ect.
10. Dried fruit
What’s your favorite healthy sweet treat?